jueves, 3 de septiembre de 2009

Introducing Cory Carmean


We knew Cory Carmean at MySpace, where he has two songs published at the moment and we were really impressed for his work. Then, we decided to write him in order to offer you a short overview about the musician and his environment. This is the result:
Hi Cory, ¿would you like to introduce yourself? I mean… ¿where are you fom, age…

I was born November 22, 1988. I’m from Chillicothe, Ohio.

In your MySpace we can see you play guitar, bass, drums and synth in addition to sing your songs. ¿What’s your primary instrument, the one you like more to play?

Well, I’ve played drums the longest, and I am best at them… So I would say that drums are my primary instrument.

¿How long are you composing and playing music?


I’ve been playing music for about 6 years now. I started putting my own songs together about a year ago.

¿Did you play in some band or have you ever been playing alone?

I have played drums, guitar, and done vocals for bands before. And I’ve only been working on my solo project for a short time now.

¿Wich age did you started with music?

I started playing drums when I was about 13 or 14, then started playing guitar when I was 18. I just always wanted to learn to play the drums, and one year, for Christmas, my parents bought me my first drum set. It was a low end, no-name brand, kit… but it was nice to learn on.

¿Did you had any professor? ¿How did you learned music and to play all these instruments?

I actually taught myself how to play all the instruments I know, but with the help of my good friend, Rob Edwards, when it came to learning guitar.

¿What are your music preferences?

I pretty much only write metal/ screamo/ hardcore stuff… but I listen to almost everything, except for country.


¿Do you have other interests in arts? ¿Or in other areas?

I don’t actually do any other forms of the arts… but my good friend, Ryan Krafthefer, is a photographer (he takes all of the picture on my music page), and I love seeing his work. He’s got some talent!

Infact, all the photos in that post are made by Ryan. ¿What are your main influences?

I have so many influences when it comes to my music, but just to name a couple, I’d say Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch Engage, and Chiodos are all pretty big influences.


¿What are your plans for the next year? ¿Do you have new songs coming? ¿Another activities planned you can tell us about?

New songs… YES! I am currently writing and recording an 8 song ep that I hope to have done by the end of September! Other than that, we’ll just have to see what this year brings me.

You say at your MySpace you recorded your songs “in your bedroom” ¿What’s your equipment?

Yep, this is all recorded in my bedroom on my Dell laptop. I use a Line 6 POD Studio to get all my guitar, bass, and mic preamp sounds. That’s basically all I’m using to record my music. Instrument-wise, I play Pearl drums, with Sabian cymbals… Schecter guitars, Ibanez basses, Novation synthesizer, and Shure mics.


You say you used free software for recording your music ¿Can you tell us the software you used?

All my recordings are done on a free program called Audacity.

¿Do you think using free software has been a problem for the quality or efficiency of your work?

There’s no question that the quality could be better with some expensive software, but I am quite happy with what I can get out of this free program.

¿Do you plan to create videos to promote or complement your musical work? If yes, do you plan to use also free software?

I have thought about making a music video, and also a video showing the recording process of my ep. If I do decide to, I will be using Windows Movie Maker to edit it.

¿Are you distributing your music through some cyber-company (CD Baby, Ditto, Sounclick or other)? If not ¿Do you have plans to do it?

I am not selling any of my music at this point, but when I finish my ep, I hope to have it up on Itunes, and possibly other online distributers.



As a one-man band ¿Do you plan to go live?

If my music catches on and gains popularity, I would love to get a group of people together to play this stuff live with me!

¿Where would you like to be in 5 or 10 years?

I would like to be touring, and still creating music that I love, and that other people enjoy listening to. If touring doesn’t work out, I would like to be working in a recording studio, either as a producer or engineer.

¿What’s your advice for the guys starting to play and create their own music?

The good thing about writing your own music, is that it’s your own. You don’t have to compromise with other musicians on what you want to do with a song or anything. So I would say, just be confident in your song writing abilities and write music that you love.

Thanks for your answers and your time, Cory. We will pay attention to your news. 

In a while we will publish also the VivaPuluba's Questionnaire 1-2-3-4 with Cory's tastes.
Hemos conocido a Cory Carmean en MySpace, donde tiene colgadas dos canciones que nos impresionaron. Y pensamos en escribirle para ofreceros una pequeña presentación de Cory, de su música y de cómo trabaja. El resultado es lo que leeréis ahora::
Hola Cory, ¿podrías presentarte? Me refiero a e dónde eres, tu edad...

Nací el 22 de noviembre de 1988 y soy de Chillicothe, Ohio.

En ru MySpace leemos que tocas la guitarra, el bajo, la batería y el sinte aparte de cantar. ¿Cuál es tu instrumento favorito?

Bueno, he tocado la baterñia por más tiempo y soy mejor con ella… Yo diría que la batería es mi instrumento favorito.

¿Desde cuándo compones y tocas?


He estado tocando desde hace unos seis años. Pero he empezado a trabajar en mis propios temas hace aproximadamente un año.

¿Has tocado con alguna banda?

He tocado la batería, la guitarra y cantado en elguna banda antes. Y desde hace poco trabajo en mis proyecto personal.

¿A qué edad empezaste con la música?

Comencé a tocar la batería cuando tenía 13 o 14 años, luego comencé con la guitarra a los 18. Siempre quise aprender a tocar la batería y un año, por Navidad, mis padres me compraron mi primera batería  Era una oferta, sin marca, un kit… pero me encantó aprender con ella.

¿Ruviste algún profesor? ¿Cómo aprendiste música y a tocar todos esos instrumentos?

Realmente aprendí por mi mismo a tocar los instrumentos que uso, pero con la ayuda de mi amigo  Rob Edwards, cuando empezó a aprender guitarra.

¿Cuáles son tus preferencias musicales?

Fundamentalmente escribo metal/ screamo/ hardcore stuff… pero escucho casi de todo, menos country.


¿Tienes interés en otras áreas artísticas?

Realmente no practico otras formas de arte… pero mi buen amigo Ryan Krafthefer es fotógrafo  (él ha hecho todas las fotos de mi página), y me encanta ver su trabajo. Es muy bueno!

De hecho, las fotos en esta entrada son todas de Ryan ¿Cuáles son tus principales influencias?

Tengo muchas influencias que afectan a mi música, pero por mencionar un par, yo diría que Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch Engage, y Chiodos son influencias importantes.

¿Cuáles son tus planes para el próximo año? ¿Tienes nuevas canciones en marcha? ¿Otras actividades?

Nuevos temas… SI! Actualmente estoy escribiendo y grabando un EP de 8 temas que espero acabar a fines de septiembre! Aparte de eso, habrá que ver que me depara el próximo año.

En tu MySpace comentas que has grabado tus temas en tu dormitorio ¿Con qué equipo cuentas?

Si, está todo grabado en mi dormitorio con mi portátil Dell. Uso un Line 6 POD Studio para capturar el sonido de mi guitarra, bajo y preamp micro. Eso es, básicamente, lo que uso para grabar mi música. En cuanto a instrumentos, uso batería  Pearl con platos Sabian … guitarra Schecter , bajo Ibanez, sinte Novation y micros Shure .


Comentas también que usas sowftware libre para gabar ¿Que software usas?

Todo mi trabajo está hecho con un programa libre llamado Audacity.

¿Usar software libre ha sido un problema en cuanto a calidad o eficiencia de tu trabajo?

Está claro que con algún programa caro pordría mejorar la calidad; pero estoy más que satisfecho de lo que he conseguido hacer con este programa.

¿Tienes pensado crear vídeos para promocionar o complementar tus creaciones musicales? Si es así, ¿también usarás software libre?

He pensado en hacer un vídeo así y también en hacer uno mostrando el proceso de grabación que sigo en mi EP. Si finalmente lo hago, usaré  Windows Movie Maker para editarlo.

¿Distribuyes tu trabajo a trevés de alguna compañía como CD Baby, Ditto, Sounclick u otra? Si no ¿Que planes tienes para distribuirla?

Por el momentono vendo mi música; pero cuando acabe el EP espero tenerlo en ITunes y quizás en otros distribuidores online.


Como banda de un sólo miembro ¿Piensas tocar en directo?

Si mi música encaja y consigue popularidad, me encantaría montar una banda con la que tocar todo este material!

¿Dónde te gustaría estar en 5 ó 10 años?

Me encantaría estar de gira y creando la música que me gusta y que otra gente disfrute de escucharla. Si eso no es posible, me gustaría trabajar en un estudio de grabación, como ingeniero o productor.

¿Qué recomendarías a los que empiezan?

Lo bueno de es escribir tu música es que es tuya. No tienes que llegar a acuerdos con otros músicos sobre lo que desearías hacer en un tema o lo que sea. Lo que les diría es simplemente cree en tu capacidad de vcrear música y crea la música que te gusta.

Gracias por tu tiempo y tus respuestas, Cory. Estaremos atentos a las noticias en tu MySpace. 

En breve, publicaremoslas respuestas de Cory al cuestionario 1-2-3-4 de nuestro blog.

 

No hay comentarios: